Professional Packing Services NYC
At JP Urban Moving, we excel in the packing process, mastering everything from detailed room inventories to protecting and wrapping your cherished possessions. We tailor our packing services to your specific needs, offering full and partial packing options. Whether you need extra protection for specialty items or simply ran out of time, we’ve got you covered.
Ease the stress of packing during your move by taking our best advice: declutter before the movers arrive. Go through old clothes, out-of-date food, expired items, and things that you no longer need and get rid of it. That way you’ll have less boxes that need to be moved, which can lower the total cost of moving and help you settle into your new place faster. As a NYC full service mover, we can help you with the donation and proper disposal of all the belongings you no longer need.
Why pack your stuff with JP Urban Moving?
We are a family owned moving business with over a decade of moving and packing experience under our belt. We hand-pick the movers who work for us, and ensure that every mover on our team upholds our professional, yet friendly, company culture. We’ve designed the entire moving process from start to finish to be smooth, transparent, and efficient.
- Experienced, Punctual & Attentive. Every crew has been professionally trained by us before they go out on the job. We have a tight-knit group of skilled movers; many of which have been with us over 12 years.
- Speciality Packing Services. Although no job is too small we specialize in providing packing services to customers who have valuable items/artwork/antiques. We are maestros when it comes to safely transporting specialty items like grand pianos and vintage furniture. We are also experts at moving families with children and understand how to manage the stress of moving.
- Flexible Scheduling. We will work with your schedule and with your needs. We can come and pack the day before, do partial packing, or the day of the move.
- Organized & Thorough. We carefully label the boxes according to the room we are packing. We pack with unpacking in mind, so you won’t have any trouble finding your trusty winter hat or favorite mug on the other side.
- Environmentally Friendly. We bring reusable eco-bins with us to pack for local moves.
- Seamless Communication. We’re never out of reach.On the day of your move, you’ll get a text from us an hour before the truck arrives connecting you to the driver, foreman and, to us (the owners). We are available at any point before, during and even after your move to answer any of your questions.
Contact us today and see why we are one of the best packing and moving companies NYC has!
We’re your family movers, like your family doctor, dedicated to providing seamless packing and moving services for every stage of your life .
Request a free quote, specify your moving and packing needs, and explore our Moving FAQs for more information. We offer flexibility in our services, allowing you to choose the level of involvement that suits you best.
Standard packing included in every move:
When you schedule a move with us, we prep, pack and protect your most fragile belongings (lamps, TVs, mattresses) at no additional cost. The price is already included in the moving quote.
Prepping refers to protecting and preparing (and disassembling) larger furniture pieces for safe transport. Meanwhile, packing refers to wrapping individual household items and carefully arranging them into labeled moving boxes.
Already included in your move:
- Prepping (protecting larger furniture, mirrors, lamps with blankets and cardboard) is included in all moves.
Not included but we are happy to do:
- Packing and protecting smaller and more fragile items – with (glasses, dishware, etc.) or without (clothes, books, etc.) paper and placing them in a box or a eco-friendly moving bin.
Our Packing Services
If you would like a more comprehensive move, we offer packing services where we wrap and protect smaller household items, and thoughtfully arrange them into labeled boxes. Our packing services include:
- Full-Service Packing: Leave the entire packing process to us. We handle everything from packing and labeling your entire home/office, and bring all the necessary packing materials like moving bins, boxes, bubble wrap, etc. to safely secure your things. We will disassemble and reassemble your furniture with attention and care.
- Partial Packing: We will pack delicate, fragile items such as your dishes, glassware/china, or specific areas such as your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, garage, attic, or other designated areas of your home or office.
- Eco-Friendly Packing: Experience a sustainable and cost-effective packing solution with our reusable moving bins. These reusable bins not only reduce waste but also provide a durable, cost efficient and alternative to traditional packing materials.
Skip the hassle of shopping for packing materials! Our team comes fully equipped with all the necessary supplies, ensuring a seamless and stress-free packing experience for your move. If we are packing for you, the charges for packing supplies like boxes, bubble wrap, shrink wrap, etc., will be transparently added to your bill on the job day, and you’ll only pay for the supplies we actually use.
Note: If you have your own packing supplies, we are happy to use them to the extent practical before we use our own. Just let us know.
Packing and Unpacking Services NYC
Not only can we pack absolutely anything with high quality materials, we can also do a thorough unpacking service. Depending on your moving requirements, we can organize and re-assemble your belongings to put them all back where they belong. For example, if we empty the contents of your dresser for transport, we will put everything back upon arrival to your new place.
Need help with partial packing for your move? Our room-by-room packing service is a game-changer, ensuring an organized and stress-free experience. Every box is labeled with detailed descriptions, making unpacking a breeze. Here’s a list of rooms we often help our customers pack:
- Kitchen: Small appliances, china, silverware, glasses, pots, pants, cutting boards and everything else. Tip: Before the movers arrive, purge the content of your fridge and cupboards and discard any expired and old products. Consume or donate perishable foods from your refrigerator before moving day. Movers won’t pack items like fresh produce, dairy, or frozen goods.
- Living Room: Items inside your TV console, cables, media center, credenza, items on your bookshelves, decor, window treatments, potted plants, artwork, paintings and more.
- Bathroom & Linen Closet: The contents inside of your bathroom cabinets, storage units, makeup, hair styling tools, cleaning supplies, your towels, sheets and other contents inside your linen closet.
- Bedroom: The contents inside your closets (clothing/shoes/accessories), your dresser, bedside tables and other bedroom storage units, books, lamps, and items of personal use (perfume, skin care, etc.)
- Study: We’ll pack your library of books, computer monitors, cables, board games, trophies, photo frames and decor items.
- Garage/basement storage: We’ll pack your memorabilia, gaming equipment, carpets, photo equipment, work tools, craft tools, paint and equipment, and miscellaneous items.
At JP Urban Moving, we believe that your peace of mind is an integral part of the moving process, and our packing services are designed to achieve precisely that. Whether you opt for full packing service or just need assistance with specific rooms, trust our NYC movers and packers to handle it with expertise, saving you both time and money.
NYC packing services: here is an example of our moving and packing process:
- Walk through with a foreman: When we arrive on the job, we do a complete walk-through with a foreman. Let him know your preferences and agree on the labeling system. Spend a few minutes to envision the unpacking process before packing up the old place to provide clarity and direction.
- Review of fragile items to pack: Let us know what is of value to you. Certain items may have sentimental value which may not be obvious to your movers. Let them know, they’ll take great care of them.
- Prepping is when we prepare and protect your furniture for transit. Our movers will provide basic disassembly and reassembly, and wrap your furniture with blankets, padding and tape. If necessary, they may use cardboard box corners, shrink wrap, and bubble wrap to reinforce protection.
- Getting the job done: While the movers are busy at work, add item-specific labels to the moving boxes that only you will know – like “grandma’s china set” or “Le Creuset pot”, you’ll be glad you did when unpacking. Consider using a color coded scheme to help you remember what room or furniture piece each item belongs to.
- Time to unpack! Whether you decide to unpack your belongings yourself, or have us do so, we will make sure that the unpacking process is as straightforward as possible.
Things Movers Won’t Pack and Move!
It is important to know that movers typically won’t pack items that are considered hazardous, perishable, or extremely valuable. It’s advisable to handle these items personally to ensure their safety and security during the move. Although we like to think that we could safely pack just about anything, there are certain items that are off-limits and cannot be transported by us. This includes:
- Hazardous Materials: Such as pool chemicals, fireworks, fire extinguishers, propane gas canisters, and any other highly flammable or toxic materials.
- Perishable Items: Food that may spoil during transit and unsealed food containers.
- Valuables and Important Documents: Important documents (birth certificates, passports, financial records), jewelry, valuables, cash and credit cards. Movers have no liability for these items and you must transport these items yourself.
- Irreplaceable Items: Such as family heirlooms, sentimental items, irreplaceable artwork or antiques.
Like valuables and important documents, irreplaceable items are not covered under movers liability for household goods. And in some cases, if you have homeowners, renters or business insurance, you can check with your insurance provider to see if they can insure your move. Otherwise, we often recommend that you purchase 3rd party moving insurance to properly protect your move. In the event you want us to move any valuable or irreplaceable items, you may be required to sign a liability waiver before the job begins.
Things You Should Pack Yourself:
Once the truck is loaded you may not have access to your belongings for several hours, and in some instances, not until all the boxes are unpacked in your new location. Ensure you pack certain items that you’ll need easy access to during and after your move, such as:
- Essentials Bag: Pack essential items you’ll need immediately: change of clothes, toiletries, medications, keys, phone chargers, tablets, laptops, reading glasses/contact lenses, baby supplies and pet food.
- Valuable Items and Important Documents: Pack your valuables like jewelry, cash, credit cards, and important documents personally. Keep these items secure in your essentials bag.
- Plants: If you have plants, consider transporting them in your personal vehicle to help preserve their integrity. Some moving companies may have restrictions on the size and type of plants they can transport. At JP Urban Moving, we handle small plants securely boxed, but are not responsible for delicate plants. Larger plants may require soil removal to reduce weight. Check with your NYC moving company about their policies on transporting plants, as size and weight can impact logistics.
Specialized Handling Of Your Most Valuable Items
We know how to protect hard-to-pack items, we will bring the packing materials and moving supplies necessary to safely wrap your valuable items. This means layers of bubble wrap, plastic wrap, moving blankets, wooden crates, cardboard, packing paper and packing pads to help safely secure your possessions during the move. We also bring special boxes for each individual item and won’t leave trash behind. If desired, we can also use eco-friendly plastic moving bins.
We understand the value of furniture, fine art and sentimental, family heirlooms. Here is a brief list of how we pack musical instruments, fragile furniture pieces and artwork:
- Antique Furniture: When it comes to furniture with glass and marble, mirrors of all sizes, lamps of all shapes and sizes – every item is padded with blankets, tape is applied carefully not to damage delicate items by applying too much pressure, all corners are protected with cardboard corners customized for each item. (Picture)
- Artwork: For packing paintings and museum quality glass, special paper lining is applied first to protect the surfaces that can easily stick or be scratched. If necessary we use special boxes to make sure different size frames corners are protected.
- Glassware & Fine China: Each piece of glassware is wrapped individually in packing paper, making sure the box is not overpacked or not under-packed. The box is marked FRAGILE.
- Mattresses will be protected with a plastic bag to avoid tears or staining. Additionally, we use special bags to move mattresses made out of sturdy materials with handles.
- Pianos are protected with moving blankets, and a special piano board is used to move the piano.
- Small sculptures: Each sculpture is individually crated in a box making sure the bottom of the item is secured in the middle so no contact is made with the sides of the box. We pad each crate with bubble wrap and packing paper.
Frequently Asked Packing Questions
Q: What benefits do professional packers offer during a NYC move?
A: Professional packers streamline the process, ensuring the safety of your items and minimizing the time and effort required for packing, leading to a smoother transition. Our experienced team knows how to protect delicate and hard-to-pack items from artwork, glassware, fine china, mattresses, to antique furniture, pianos, and small sculptures, saving you time and money.
Q: Are there any additional charges for professional packing services?
A: No, our packing services come with no extra fees. If we pack for you, the cost of packing supplies will be added to your bill for the materials used.
Q: Do you provide packing materials?
A: We can provide packing materials like boxes, bubble wrap, tape, and reusable moving bins (for local areas). If we are packing for you, we will bring all the materials with us, or we can deliver supplies in advance if you are local to Brookly, Queens and some NYC locations.
Q: What if I am unable to finish packing, will the moving company handle the rest?
A: Absolutely! We offer flexible packing services, allowing you to choose the level of assistance you need. We can help you with specific items or an entire room/area of your home or office.
Q: How should I label my boxes to make unpacking easier?
A: Label boxes by room and provide specific details on contents. This helps our team place them in the right locations and ensures an organized unpacking process.
Q: Can the moving company disassemble and reassemble furniture during the move?
A: Yes, our team is trained to handle basic disassembly and reassembly of furniture, providing a seamless moving experience. Furniture disassemble/reassemble is already included in your move at no extra charge.
Q: What’s the best way to pack fragile items like glassware and artwork?
A: We use special packing materials like bubble wrap and custom boxes for fragile items. Our team is experienced in ensuring their safe transport.
Q: Can I leave items in drawers and cabinets, or do they need to be emptied?
A: You can leave non-fragile, non-perishable items in drawers. However, it’s advisable to empty cabinets and drawers with breakable, valuable items or heavy/dense items.
Q: How long does the packing process take?
A: The time varies based on the size of the job. For local and small moves, prepping your furniture and packing can occur in one day, while larger moves may require two or more days.
Q: Do professional packing services in NYC include unpacking at the new location?
A: Yes, we provide unpacking services to help you settle into your new space effortlessly. We will empty the contents of your boxes/bins and leave them on top of surface areas in designated rooms for you to arrange and organize at your desired level. You can work with professional organizers like Urban Clarity to help you with detailed level organization after the move.
Looking for a packing company NYC? Look no further.
JP URBAN MOVING: FULL SERVICE PROFESSIONAL PACKERS AND MOVERS NYC
Professionally packed, to keep all of your belongings intact.
We know you’re busy, so leave all (or some) of the packing to us
We’re a full service moving company that provides a range of high quality moving and packing services. Not only do we offer local moves, office moving, but can also move you long distance and, even, out-of-state.
From purging, to prepping, to protecting, to packing, to loading and unpacking, you can count on us.
What Happy Customers Say
My husband and I move a lot but finding a good moving company that packs well, has always been the struggle. Often, the moving team is skilled at moving but not great at packing. They might be disorganized or not careful with the items and damage a few of our pieces. We were pleasantly surprised to find that JP Urban Moving were efficient and quick in packing, moving, and unpacking our items and didn't damage one piece in the process
- Debbie M. / Manhattan, NYC
They packed everything beyond expertly. Our nice stuff our gross stuff our old stuff, everything was treated with care and packed up carefully and safely. And they know their stuff! Even how they tape the boxes and wrap the furniture was impressive! We moved today and they were instrumental to my sanity! So happy we went with them!
- Estella R. / Manhattan, NYC
Best moving company I have ever encountered. Professional, caring, great communication and didn't disturb the neighbors with noise. They packed on day one, moved on day two. Accurate estimate. And fairly priced -- especially given the high quality service.
- Michael R. / Takoma Park, MD
These guys really know what they are doing! Highly professional, very cooperative and friendly! They were right on time, very diligent, thorough and fast with fragile packing, super careful and gentle with all my houseplants; would have given 6 stars if I could.
- Irina D. HOWARD BEACH, NY