Moving can be stressful, but you know what’s easy? Moving with JP Urban Moving. We have helped families – like yours – move through every imaginable scenario. Here are some tips to simplify the moving process and keep you from jumping through hoops:
- When movers arrive, do a walk-through with the foreman after signing the paperwork, but before any work is done. Point out things to which we should pay extra attention.
- Additionally the foreman will be documenting pre-existing damage to both the building and your belongings. This is an important phase which will potentially save lots of time and aggravation
- If you plan to stage things at the old place to make loading the truck easier – boxes go in first, so it’s best to have them immediately accessible.
- Check the old place (and the route the movers used to exit the building) before the truck leaves to make sure everything has been taken.Missing Items – If you think that item(s) are missing, wait until you unpack all of your items before reporting items missing. Nine times out of ten – things show up . Plus, we require customers to check and sign off confirming that none of their belonging were left either at the load location(s) or on the truck. Likewise, upon completion of the move, check the truck to make sure nothing has been left on it.
- For 2-day moves, we can load on day 1, store overnight, and unload on day 2. There is a $100 over-night storage fee.
- Our trucks are equipped with all the tools and materials we might need for furniture assembly, disassembly and reassembly. As long as furniture is designed to be disassembled and reassembled, we are happy do it at the prevailing hourly rate as part of the move.
- Customer pays for parking meters and tolls, but is not responsible for parking tickets unless agreed to in advance to avoid parking in a legal spot far from the building access.
- Time permitting, we will make as many pick-ups or drop-offs as needed at the prevailing hourly rate. We will do as much or as little as you like.
- We are a COD company. Payment is due upon completion of the move.
- Moving with children? You may have more things than you think, and it will take more time.