The most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn
Best places to live in - November 24, 2021
Whether your plan is to visit or move to Brooklyn, it’s important to know which places are dog-friendly and which aren’t. You should read up about these places before moving to the Big Apple with your pup. It will help you choose the best neighborhood for your home. Luckily, if you own a dog, Brooklyn is where you’ll want to be! There are so many places that can be perfect both for you and your dog. Because of this, we have created a list of the most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn so make sure to check it out!
The most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn
Brooklyn is one of the best places in NYC for dog owners! There are so many spots you can enjoy with your furry friend. From outdoor activities to some of the best restaurants, you can find the one that works best for both of you. However, you should keep in mind that in NYC, there are still some places that won’t let you in with your dog. Therefore, it’s important to know where you can go and where you can’t go with your best friend.
Keep in mind that we’re not talking only about restaurants, cafes, libraries… even some landlords won’t let you live with a dog. No matter how well-trained your dog is, they some buildings do not allow pets. Usually, there’s no way in changing their mind so be sure to research some dog-friendly buildings before you move to NYC. You can also read up about several loopholes in the NYC pet policies here.
Finding places that allow dogs in NYC is not hard if you know where to look. Here is a list of venues throughout the city that will love having your dog there!
Bars and restaurants in Brooklyn that are dog-friendly
Brooklyn is famous for its top-notch restaurants and bars! So, if you plan to move with Boro Park movers to Brooklyn, you’ll be happy to know that a lot of these places are dog-friendly. You should prepare yourself to be surrounded by cute and fun dogs. However, you should keep in mind that, due to health regulations, most of these spots are either outdoors or outdoor-adjacent. These places differ from each other in many ways, but that’s a great thing. You and your dog can explore all of them together and find the ones that you like most. So, here are some bars and restaurants that you can’t miss checking out with your dog.
- Lucky Dog – one of the most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn! This bar has a lovely outdoor patio in the back where dogs can socialize with other dogs and dog-owners.
- The Leevee – a place with dogs, tasty snacks, and cheap beer. This is a perfect place for hanging out with both your two-legged and four-legged friends.
- Forrest Point – a bar and a restaurant with an indoor-outdoor setting. Great for brunches, late-night dinners, and drinking cocktails. Oh, and great for dogs, too.
- Public Records – This venue is on the newer side and has plenty of cool live shows. Be sure to bring your dog to hang out in the yard on warm summer nights.
- Five Leaves – This hip brunch spot is located right across the street from McCarren Park. Get a bite to eat and then take your dog out for a run!
Best Brooklyn parks for dogs
Some breeds of dogs don’t need a lot of physical activity. However, most dogs need to get more stimulation than just walking for ten minutes. They can get the necessary activity right in Brooklyn parks. Luckily, these parks are all you need because they are the most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn. So, after moving with the help of Marine Park movers, this is where you and your dog will want to go:
- Prospect Park Dog Field – from 5 am to 9 am and from 9 pm to 1 am daily, dogs can enjoy Prospect Park leash-free and even swim in the Long Meadow! Here, your dog can roam free while you hang out with other dog-owners.
- McCarren Park – is a fenced and well-maintained dog park. Here, your pet can play off-leash with other dogs for as long as they want.
- Fort Greene Park – one of the top dog-friendly parks in Brooklyn. This public park includes an off-leash area where dogs can run around and play with each other in the morning hours and in the late evening.
- Hillside Dog Park – another fenced park where your little friend can get the necessary daily exercise. And of course, this is park has an off-leash area.
Socialize at the Dog Runs in Brooklyn
Dog runs are probably the best thing for your pup to let loose of some energy. These spots can be found in every Brooklyn corner so you should locate them after you move to one of the best Brooklyn neighborhoods for families. The NYC law requires of dog-owners to keep their pets on a leash all the time, except in areas specifically marked otherwise. And in order to let your dog roam free, you’ll need to find these areas. Areas such as Dog Runs. Take your dogs there, and let them get their necessary outdoor exercise!
After moving to Brooklyn, make sure to follow our list of the most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn and visit all of them. However, you should keep in mind that these are only some of the places that both you and your dogs can enjoy. Explore all of them! And, find the ones that suit both your and your dog’s needs most.