Video Estimates to Keep You Moving During COVID-19
Moving guides - April 13, 2020
Moving During COVID-19/Coronavirus Outbreak?
One of the most critical steps we have taken in response to COVID-19 is replacing all traditional on-site/in-home visits with video estimates. We are also conducting No Contact Moves. Prior, we have offered video estimates mainly to potential customers that were too far away or busy to accommodate an on-site visit. In these times of “social distancing,” we stand prepared and ready to help you move safely and efficiently, with peace of mind.
Known by different names, a video survey/video estimate/virtual survey/virtual estimate is just like an on-site but conducted from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet. When moving during COVID-19, it’s an excellent way for us to evaluate your space, understand your needs, and provide you with a more accurate and personalized quote.
What to expect
First, we will need your necessary move details. At the scheduled time, we will call you to speak about your move then guide you through a professional video walkthrough that captures the same information as an in-person estimator would. We’ll video chat with you room by room and answer your questions in real-time. We can discuss what’s moving, what’s not, who’s doing the packing, items that require specialized care, and any other matters for consideration. Above all, this can limit the amount of “back-and-forth” communication that might take place before an estimate is provided. Once the video walkthrough is completed for your move, you can expect your estimate within 24-48 hours.
All you need is:
- a smartphone or tablet
- a date and time you’re available to do your video walkthrough
- Your preference for FaceTime, WhatsApps or Zoom
We’ll handle the rest.
Prefer to record and send us your video instead?
You can record a moving video at your convenience and send it to us by email or text. If you decide to conduct this process on your own, here are a few quick tips to keep in mind:
- Be sure to open all the closets, cupboards, etc., and turn on lights in dimly lit spaces before you start.
- Record one room per video. Smaller bite-size video files are faster and easier to send via email or text.
- Ensure that the camera is facing the right way focusing outwards towards your space.
- Record the insides of closets, cupboards, cabinets, etc. whether you are packing or you want us to pack. Knowing how much is inside of these storage areas, as a result, helps us estimate the number of boxes, truck(s), labor, and time necessary for your job.
- Do you have delicate objects like glass, crystal, antique furniture, artwork, or items that require specialized packing, handling, or care? Are there things that are not going on the move? Or items for disposal? Are there any items that require disassembly and reassembly?
- Feel free to narrate your videos. The more we know, the more we can provide you a more personalized and precise moving quote.
Finally, when you have finished your video walkthrough complete this quick form to get an estimate and let us know about your videos. We’ll get in touch and take it from there. It’s such an easy and safe way to get a more precise estimate for your move.
RESOURCES DURING COVID-19