JP Urban Moving Precautions for COVID-19 (CoronaVirus)
Moving guides - March 10, 2020
UPDATE AS OF: TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2020
At JP Urban Moving, we are committed to maintaining the health and safety of our employees, customers, and community. While we have been carrying out our full schedule of moves without incident, we are closely monitoring information related to the COVID-19 (coronavirus), daily. We understand that this is a stressful time with uncertainties in everyday life. We want to do everything we can to ease any anxiety you might be feeling, and do our part to help keep us all safe. We’re all in this together!
We Can Move You:
Moving companies are considered an essential service (Household goods shipping service & Logistics vendor), which can operate during a “shelter in place” order. For businesses designated with essential functions, see NYS Guidance on Executive Order (reference #5 & #12 for classifications). Unless mandated by the state, we will continue to provide moving services, taking every precaution as prescribed by the CDC. We have a full schedule going forward and are hoping for the best.
MOVING IN THE TIME OF COVID-19 OUTBREAK
No-Contact Moves: We are facilitating no-contact moves, including quarantine packing & unpacking without your presence on-site. We will take instructions before your job, please can send us photos, give us directions, and we’ll brief the Foreman. If we have any questions during the move, we will contact you via phone or video (WhatsApp, FaceTime, etc.).
All of our workers have been made aware of the best practices of sanitation, protocols for conducting safe moves, and avoiding the spread or contraction of the virus.
Extra Precaution: Our movers wear gloves, masks, and booties (optional upon requests). Please contact one of our moving consultants for more details.
We are conducting virtual estimates instead of an on-site visit. Contact us today to schedule a video walkthrough (via Facetime, WhatsApp, etc.). Alternatively, you may record a video of your home and send it via email or text to your estimator.
Move-in/Move-out Building Procedures: If applicable, please check with your building(s) and confirm their policies or procedures and let us know if it impacts your move.
There will be no charge if you need to reschedule or cancel your move. We understand that you may not feel comfortable relocating during this time. Please call or email us if you wish to make a change.
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES DURING THIS TIME
Please wear masks and gloves when being present for your move. If not, you will be asked to stay off-site and away from the movers while they work. We are happy to provide you with these resources upon request. Please contact one of our moving consultants for more details.
Please allow the movers to thoroughly wash their hands before, during, and after the move.
Please clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, especially doorknobs and handles.
Please open your windows and let the air circulate freely.
Postpone your move if you or members of your household are sick.
We appreciate the trust that you place in us. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and take actions necessary to help keep our employees, customers, and community safe while providing you with the best possible moving experience.
What We Are Doing:
Based on recommendations developed by the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO), the following precautions are in place to minimize the risk to all employees and customers:
- Our movers engage in frequent and proper handwashing (with their own hand soap and paper towel).
- High-level antiviral cleaning agents are used to disinfect our trucks properly each day.
- We arrive equipped with masks, disposable medical exam gloves, sanitizers, and antiviral cleaning agents.
- We presently have no employees who are sick. To the extent that any employees start to exhibit signs of illness, they are removed from the team and instructed to stay home.
- The majority of our movers commute to work with their cars, or bicycles, which minimizes the risks of encounter through public transportation.
What We Are Asking YOU To Do:
- Please wear gloves and masks when being present for the move. We are happy to provide you with these resources upon request. Please contact one of our moving consultants for more details.
- Please clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, especially doorknobs and handles.
- Please allow the movers to use your facilities to thoroughly wash their hands before, during, and after the move.
- Please let us know if you or members of your household are sick. We will postpone your move to another suitable time.
- If you or members of your household have been exposed to someone with coronavirus, have a fever, or feel sick, please be considerate of other community members and stay home until the 14 day incubation period.
We ask that all movers and customers continue to adhere to the Centers for Disease Control recommendations:
- Frequent and thorough hand washing for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Please disinfect doorknobs and handles.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover coughing or sneezing with a tissue or elbow (not your hand), and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If you are planning to do any personal travel during this time, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with information about the areas where infection rates are high, and the chance for transmission is risky. You can find information on the CDC’s Coronavirus Disease Travel Page HERE.
- Please use sanitizing wipes or spray to wipe down your furniture before the movers arrive.
- Based on CDC recommendations, we would ask you to avoid using our services for a 14 day period after returning from a Level 3 country (China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea).