Challenges for first-time NYC renters
After the move - October 2, 2019
Are you finally moving to New York after all this time? Well, we are so happy for you! New York City is amazing and in there you can start a completely new life! However, you should know that there are some challenges for first-time NYC renters and that they might get a bit tricky if you are not familiar with renting an apartment or a house. But, do not worry! Our team has prepared a short guide to get you familiar with the challenges you might face and how to overcome them. We hope that this guide will help you!
What are the challenges for first-time NYC renters?
The first thing that might pop to your mind when you think about challenges for NYC renters is the popularity and the price. New York is one of the most popular cities in the United States of America. A lot of people move there each year and it can get challenging to get a decent location for yourself and your family. You need to understand that it is not impossible, however! You should do some research about it and you’ll enjoy the benefits of moving to New York in no time! After all, we are here to help you!
Yet another challenge for first-time NYC renters might be the rent price. New York City is very expensive. Not everyone can afford living there from the get-go. However, NYC also offers amazing job opportunities, and if you could find a job beforehand, you’ll have no trouble with your rent. Needless to say, it wouldn’t be called a challenge if it was easy to overcome! So, if you want this hard enough, we are sure you will find a way in no time! Then all you need to think about is how to spend your first day in your new home in NYC!
How to start in NYC!
So, let us say that you overcame your initial challenges and that you are in NYC at the moment. However, the challenges do not end completely! Now your priority should be to get a moving company to move all your inventory and storage items to your new home. The city has everything – from regular storage to piano movers Brooklyn! You name it; it is there! There is simply no way that your items will get damaged or destroyed if you hire some of the NYC movers. They are professionals and they will help overcome all challenges for first-time NYC renters. All you need to do is give them a call, and they will provide you with more information!
There are a lot of professional movers in NYC as well. They are there to make sure that everything goes according to plan. If you are unsure how to do the move by yourself, give them a call. Also, if you are not sure you can overcome the challenges NYC will test you with, give them a call! In the end, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Some companies like Gowanus movers do it for a very long time and they are quite reliable. Check them out or check out anything that you might find interesting. Chances are you will need all the help you can get when New York City is in question!
Some other challenges for first-time NYC renters you might face
- Getting used to New York City: This is one of the most overlooked challenges New York City offers to newcomers. To get used to New York City is like to get used to a new book every single day. There is always something new. Even the usual street food vendors might change their place from time to time, depending on the season. The streets are overcrowded and you will have to call a cab as you see in the movies.
- Expecting solitude and quiet: New York is everything except quiet. The traffic there is simply insane and if you don’t get used to it fast, it will drive you insane. There is always something going on in New York City, especially if you live near Times Square. But, we are certain you can adapt to that relatively soon. After all, they don’t say that New Yorkers are half deaf for no reason.
- Feeling just like at home from the start: New York is one of the biggest cities in the United States of America. Chances are you might be coming from a smaller city. You will need some time to accommodate the pace of the New Yorker lifestyle there. However, it is not impossible to make your new place feel like home. All you need to do is to give it your best and you should be able to do it!
Keep this in mind!
- Time is important – People living in New York seemingly never have enough time. It might happen that you ask for directions from a random pedestrian and that they will just walk past you saying “sorry, no time”. The streets are always crowded and people are often late but get mad when you are late. Get used to that as soon as possible and you’ll be fine!
- Food is everywhere, but queues are long – It is not uncommon to wait for hours in front of a pizzeria like Lucali’s in New York City. New Yorkers value good food and they will wait in long queues to get it. If you want to feel just like at home, make sure to follow the same example every once in a while. Trust us, it is challenging, but it will be worth it.
After overcoming the challenges
The challenges for first-time NYC renters face are difficult, but not impossible to overcome. The most important thing is to never forget that you can do it and it will come on its own. Whether or not your most difficult challenge is waiting in a food queue or renting a place in NYC, it is only important that you are a proud resident of New York now! We hope this guide helped you become one! Now, get some sleep, last night was certainly noisy from all the traffic!