What to unpack first after you move in?
After the move - June 25, 2019
If you want to go through the relocation process without any problems, you will have to sort out your budget, hire a professional moving company, organize and make plans in advance. Every relocation process takes time and can cause stress. The most logical thing after the move is that you want to have access to the essentials, things that you are using daily. Other than essentials, there are some things that you want to unpack first after you move in! Let’s see what those things are?!
Things you should unpack first after you move in – Essentials
The essentials box is also known as the “open first” box because it contains everything you need. This box should also contain things that you might need for the next couple of days. Each member of your family should have one essentials box with items they are using daily. Those items are a toothbrush, toothpaste, personal hygiene products, medicine, glasses, lenses, pajamas, etc. Other than that, one essentials box should contain things such as clean linens, pillows, blankets, sheets, and towels.
You should pack the essentials box by yourself. Other belongings that you possess, you can leave to the professional moving company to pack. Hire movers and packers Brooklyn and they will protect, pack and relocate all of your belongings carefully.
What to unpack first after you move in depends on the time of the day when you arrive at your new destination. If you arrive early in the morning, you will definitely want to unpack the coffee maker! However, if you arrive in the afternoon or evening, you will need a clean towel and shits. A good night of sleep is essential because you will have a lot of work to do in the next couple of days.
What room to unpack first after you move in?
As we already said, what room you want to unpack first depend on the time of the day when you arrive at your new destination.
- If you arrive early, and you have at least 6 more hours until the bedtime, you should start with the kitchen. After that, unpack the bedroom and bathroom.
- In case you arrive in the evening, you should unpack only necessary items that you will need for a good night of sleep. Therefore, you will need to assemble your bed (you can sleep on the mattress only, too). A warm shower will also help you to have a good night of sleep. In this case, you will leave the kitchen the next morning!
The rooms you should unpack first are:
If you are moving out of state and you need a whole day for the relocation, you will most likely arrive in the afternoon or evening. However, it’s highly recommended to hire long distance movers if you are making a long trip. In this case, the first thing you should unpack will be the bedroom! So, let’s see what you should do if you want to unpack your bedroom first.
- Assemble the bed, if necessary, and unpack the mattress. Put the mattress on the bed and find pillows and clean sheets and pillow casings. Unpack a blanket (in case it gets cold) and your bed is ready!
- Your personal essentials box should contain sleepwear or pajamas so you will find it without a problem. However, you should also prepare clean clothes and comfortable shoes for the next morning.
- If you need some privacy, you can hang up some curtains on the windows.
- It would be a good idea to unpack the alarm clock and night lamp.
Same as a bedroom, you should try to unpack things into your bathroom as soon as possible. However, if you want to unpack everything faster, you should get packing and unpacking services from your professional mover. If you are unpacking your bathroom alone, you will have to:
- As soon as you arrive at your new home, you should put a hand towel, hand soap and toilet paper out.
- Hang up bath towels and shower curtains
- Unpack personal hygiene products (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, hair conditioner, deodorant, etc.) You should also unpack cosmetic that you are using on a daily basis
- In the end, when you fill up the medicine cabinet don’t forget to take your prescribed medicine.
If you arrive early in the morning or early afternoon, you will want to unpack the kitchen first. However, if you arrive late, you will leave the kitchen the next day. Anyway, when you decide to unpack your kitchen, this is what you should do:
- The major appliances such as washer, dryer, stove, freezer, and refrigerator should be plugged in first.
- Unpack glasses, pans, plates, pots, and silverware next. Unpacking kitchen takes a lot of time. Therefore, the whole family should participate in order to unpack everything faster.
- Put out dishwasher supplies and dish/paper towels.
- Unpack and set up small appliances that you are using on a daily basis (toaster, coffee maker, juicer, microwave, etc.).
- If you have enough time, you can unpack your pantry items too!
A professional Moving Company
If you hire a professional moving company they will provide moving boxes Brooklyn and pack all your belongings fast and safely. Every professional moving company has a license. They will calculate the costs of your move in advance too. If you want to save some money, you should hire a professional moving company on one of the off-peak days. Those days are usually during the winter, mid-month and mid-week days. Every professional mover provides a lot of moving services. Some of those services are:
- Professional Packing and Labeling
- Truck and Transport Services
- Moving Insurance
- Security and Safety
- Unpacking and Recycling
- Storage Options
So, what to unpack first after your move in? Depends on the time of the day and your needs. If you arrive late you will want to lay down and rest. However, if you arrive around the noon, unpacking your coffee maker sounds logical, right? Have a good move and best of luck!