The most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn
Best places to live in - April 24, 2019
Whether your plan is to visit or move to Brooklyn, it’s important to know which places are dog-friendly and which aren’t. You should inform yourself about these places before moving to the Big Apple with your little friend. It will help you choose the best neighborhood for your home. Luckily, if you own a dog, Brooklyn is where you’ll want to be! There are so many places that can be perfect both for you and your dog. Because of this, we have created a list of the most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn so make sure to read it!
The most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn
Brooklyn is one of the best places in NYC for dog owners! There are so many spots which you can enjoy with your furry friend. From outdoor activities to some of the best restaurants, you can find the one that works best for both of you. However, you should keep in mind that even though people are used to dogs living indoors and outdoors, that doesn’t mean you can take them wherever you want. There are still some places that won’t allow you to get in if you’re accompanied by your dog. Therefore, it’s important to know where you can go and where you can’t go with your best friend.
Keep in mind that we’re not talking only about restaurants, cafes, libraries… even some landlords won’t let you live with a dog. No matter how well-trained your dog is, they will still look at your dog as a threat to their belongings. Usually, there’s no way in changing their mind. All they can think about when seeing your little pet is hiring furniture disposal Brooklyn to get rid of the items that were ruined by your dog. But hey, there’s no reason for getting mad just because someone has an opinion that’s different from yours. Instead, let’s learn where can you find places in which you can hang out with other dog-owners and, of course, with your lovely dog.
Bars and restaurants in Brooklyn that are dog-friendly
Brooklyn is famous for its top-notch restaurants and bars! So, if you plan to move with Boro Park movers to Brooklyn, you’ll be happy to know that a lot of these places are dog-friendly. You should prepare yourself to be surrounded by cute and fun dogs. However, you should keep in mind that, due to health regulations, most of these spots are either outdoors or outdoor-adjacent. These places differ from each other in many ways, but that’s a great thing. You and your dog can explore all of them together and find the ones that you like most. So, here are some bars and restaurants that you can’t miss checking out with your dog.
- Lucky Dog – one of the most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn! This bar has a lovely outdoor patio in the back where dogs can socialize with other dogs and dog-owners.
- The Leevee – a place with dogs, tasty snacks, and cheap beer. This is a perfect place for hanging out with both your two-legged and four-legged friends.
- Forrest Point – a bar and a restaurant with an indoor-outdoor setting. Great for brunches, late-night dinners, and drinking cocktails. Oh, and great for dogs, too.
- The Sunshine Laundromat – this is an actual laundromat but it is also so much more! It is also a pinball center and a bar where you can bring your pet.
- Mission Dolores – in the outside area, you can have a drink with your furry friend by your side. However, they have to be on a leash. But, trust us, the place is amazing!
Best Brooklyn parks for dogs
Some breeds of dogs don’t need a lot of physical activity. However, most dogs need to get more stimulation than just walking for ten minutes. They can get the necessary activity right in Brooklyn parks. Luckily, these parks are all you need because they are the most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn. So, after moving with the help of Marine Park movers, this is where you and your dog will want to go:
- Prospect Park Dog Field – from 5 am to 9 am and from 9 pm to 1 am daily, dogs can enjoy Prospect Park and even swim in the Long Meadow! Here, your dog can roam free while you hang out with other dog-owners.
- McCarren Park – is a fenced and well-maintained dog park. Here, your pet can play off-leash with other dogs for as long as they want.
- Fort Green Park – one of the top dog-friendly parks in Brooklyn. This public park includes an off-leash area where dogs can run around and play with each other in the morning hours and in the late evening.
- Hillside Dog Park – another fenced park where your little friend can get the necessary daily exercise. And of course, this is park has an off-leash area.
Socialize at the Dog Runs in Brooklyn
Dog runs is probably the best thing for your pup to let loose of some energy. These spots can be found in every Brooklyn corner so you should locate them after you move to one of the best Brooklyn neighborhoods for families. The NYC law requires of dog-owners to keep their pets on a leash all the time, except in areas specifically marked otherwise. And in order to let your dog roam free, you’ll need to find these areas. Areas such as Dog Runs. Take your dogs there, and let them get their necessary outdoor exercise!
After moving to Brooklyn, make sure to follow our list of the most dog-friendly places in Brooklyn and visit all of them. However, you should keep in mind that these are only some of the places that both you and your dogs can enjoy. Explore all of them! And, find the ones that suit both your and your dog’s needs most.